Thursday 12 March 2009

The different interpretation

When i’m blogging I first write the blog on paper and then I type it up later but with the mist blog I left it for ages just hand written, I didn’t realise that I had already started to type the blog and so I started again. Both the paragraphs that follow come from the same draft I thought it was interesting how over the space of a month I interpreted the same text in a different way.

(First one I wrote that I forgot about)

The Mist based on a novella written by Stephen king, the film was written and directed by Frank Darabout. The film wasn’t what I expected from what I heard and the title I thought I would be terrible however I really enjoyed it, The Mist had a sinister streak which had nothing to do with the evil creatures but the people inside it plays on the fear of the unknown and the responses of the characters were a result of this.

(The second one)

The Mist is based upon the short story by Stephen king. Unlike many evil aliens films the creatures didn’t scare me half as much as the people within. The religious fanaticism was terrifying because unlike the creature it’s real; throughout the world people have been sacrificing to the gods and looked at some higher power to be at fault or to explain the unbelievable.

No comments: