Wednesday 15 December 2010

Gurus and Grasshoppers

Personally I think the Project was a success, not only did it help the first years get to grips with 3D but it helped them to ask for help, the main problem we faced at the start was that most of the first years were incredibly shy but after a while they relaxed.
Teaching and helping the first years made me realise that I have learn a lot whilst being here. when the Grasshoppers did turn up and practice they improved drastically in a short amount of time, this made it well worthwhile as well as making up for those that never turned up or submitted.
In one case we found one of the first years was really struggling with most elements of 3D which could have been an issue if he had continued to be confounded till assessment time but hopefully after Mark and me gave him a crash course he will have more of a understanding and been able to correct his previous models for the assessment.
Mark was amazing throughout, he taught them in a way that was coherent but thorough, and he will make an excellent teach one day. Mark really went above and beyond on this and I’m glad that I worked with him on this. It was disappointing that Zonygi rarely attended the meetings, her lack of attendance made it harder for Mark and me. 3rd years should only be part of this program of they really want to be otherwise it lets down everyone.

I defiantly think this program should continue but there need to be some structure for the Gurus to follow, such as a base outline and registers.

1 comment:

Michael Powell said...

awww, you have cute handwriting